Friday, August 28, 2009

August Viva La Verve Challenges

Hey there ladies,

So yesterday I decided to do all of August's Viva la Verve Challenges over on Splitcoast and then sumbit them to the August Sketch Champions thread to be entered in the random drawing for the next FULL MONTHS" STAMP RELEASE!! What a deal, huh?? It's been a while since I've played with my verve stamps and I've been meaning to give them some attention so what a better idea than to ink them up for some Verve Sketches!! So I quickly put them all together since last night at midnight was the deadline for entering so here is what I came up with.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

VLVAug01
For this challenge there was no actual "sketch", instead, the challenge was to CASE A VERVE DIVA!!!!!!!!! The {TWIST}: If the card you're caseing uses patterned paper, you may NOT use patterned paper! If the card you're caseing Does NOT use patterned paper, you MUST use patterned paper! So those were the rules. The card that I cased was this gorgeous card by Amy Sheffer. She does some amazing work!!! I've had my eye on this card of her's since she first made it when they were first releasing the Because of You stampset, I'm this was also one of the cards that made me want to purchase the set, it's definitely one of my favorite sets that I own!!! Here is my card, don't forget to check out her gorgeous card as well!!

VLVAug02
For the second week's challenge we were to use the sketch to the left and the {TWIST} was EDGY! That's right, they wanted to see us use our EDGE punches! What a great idea, huh?? I love my edge punches, I probably own almost all of Martha's edge punches, they are my fav!! They are a great embellishment to all cards!! I just love being EDGY!!! LOL. So here is what I came up with.

VLVAug03
For the third weeks challenge it was to use this sketch to the left and the twist was to add a tag to your card! Any kind of tag will do, pre-made, hand-made, make your whole card into a tag, whatever! So I snooped around the gallery to get some ideas from everyone else and then I came up with this. I knew I wanted to use some pretty floral paper so I went looking through my SU DP stach and I had never touch this DP set so I ripped into the bag and started creating.

VLVAug04
For this last week in August the challenge was to use this sketch and the twist was to choose your FAVORITE COLOR COMBO!!! I just love that idea!! It means that I get to pull out my purple and green paper, my favorite color combo, along with white and kraft. That combo makes for such a pretty card. Take a look at some other cards I've made using this color combo, there is this one, and this one, and this one too!! The last on is definitely my favorite! Anyways enough with the old here is the new one!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day and don't forget that the Viva la Verve sketch for the first week of September is already out, so head on over there and start playing!!!

RECIPES:

VLVAug01
Card Size:5 x 6 1/2
Stamps: Verve Because of You
Paper: Whisper White, Pink, Green Cardstock
Ink: ColorBox Chalk Rose Coral Fluid Ink, SU Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Buttons, Ribbon, Nestibilities, EK Success Fleur de lis edger, 3-D Zots

VLVAug02
Card Size:5 1/4 x 5 1/4
Stamps: Verve Because of You, Verve Circular Sayings
Paper: Black, Pink Cardstock, Michael's Paper Slab
Ink: SU Kiwi Kiss, Pitch Black (Adirondack), ColorBox Chalk Rose Coral Fluid Ink
Accessories: Silk Ribbon, Silver Pearls (Michael's), Martha Stewart Floral Lace Edge Punch, Cuttlebug, Birds And Swirls Embossing Folder, 3-D Zots

VLVAug03
Card Size:4 x 5 1/2
Stamps: Verve Floral Symphony, Verve Circular Sayings
Paper: SU Kiwi Kiss, SU Walk in the Park DP
Ink: Su Kiwi Kiss, ColorBox Chalk Rose Coral Fluid Ink, Pitch Black (Adirondack)
Accessories: Gross Grain Ribbon, Brad, Butter Cream Shimmerz, Cuttlebug, Nestibilites, 3-D Zots

VLVAug04
Card Size:4 x 5 1/2
Stamps: Verve Because of You, Verve Circular Sayings
Paper: Kraft, SU Kiwi Kiss, SU Perfect Plum DP,
Ink: SU Kiwi Kiss, Pitch Black (Adirondack)
Accessories: Silver Pearls (Michael's), Flower Soft, Cuttlebug, Nestibilites, 3-D Zots

1 comment:

Crystal said...

These are awesome cards, wow Love your colors and take on these sketches...beautiful cards!