Monday, January 18, 2010

ISS Method Monday - Crayon Box Tutorial

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope you are all enjoying your Monday. Today I am the host of InStyle Stamps' Method Monday and I have a super cute tutorial for you all...it's a Crayon Box. This was also a project that Jen del Muro created a while back and I thought it was perfect treat box to create.

It can be used for any occasion. I made this one for Valentines.

Note: Please excuse the quality of my photos, I would have waited for day light but when I took these pictures I knew I was not going to have access to a computer for several days and I needed to get my project done. Sorry!

The Supplies You'll Need:
Photobucket

  • Stamp/image of your choice (I used Hearts 3)


  • 9.25" x 6" Cardstock


  • 3.25" x 3.25" acetate


  • Circle Nestabilities (or other cutting system)


  • 12" and 18" gross grain ribbon


  • double-sided adhesive tape


  • dimensional glue dots


    1. Score 9.25" x 6" cardstock at 3.5", 4.5", 8" and 9 across the short side. Score at 1" across the long side. Fold on the scored lines. Cut along solid black lines (see below photo).
    Photobucket

    2. Cut circular window from one of the 3.5" panel. Create scallop frame for window opening.
    Photobucket

    3. With double sided adhesive tape, adhere 1" of the 12" of ribbon to the top of the inside of the window. Do the same at the bottom inside with the 18" ribbon.
    Photobucket

    4. Create and adhere box together.
    Photobucket

    5. Cut 3.5" circle using Nestiabilities or other cutting system. Score 1/2" on either side of center of the circle.
    Photobucket

    6. Apply adhesive to one side of the scored circle and attach to back of crayon box, folding the remaining portion over the top and front of the box. Adhere acetate and scallop frame for window around front of window.
    Photobucket

    7. Stamp and cut out image. Fill box as desired and wrap ribbon around and tie in bow.
    Photobucket

    Pretty cool tutorial, huh!!
    I hope you enjoyed my simple tutorial!! I can’t wait to see your creations!! Please link back with your crayon box creations in the comment section, I would love to see them.

    Hugs,
    Raquel

    2 comments:

    Micki said...

    Wow, this is beautiful. And your instructions are easy to read and understand. :-) Love it.

    Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

    Love this! Great tutorial! and perfect for your Valentine :)

    Great job! TFS!
    hugs, margie