Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying your Mother's Day or you were allowed to sleep in and you will be enjoying your Mother's Day. I know I will be celebrating this Mother's Day, of course with my mom and family, but also my boyfriends mom and his family, who I just love!!!!

So on Friday of this week I gave a sneak peak of the Mother's Day cards that I was working on until I had the perfect card for my mom. So since it is Mother's Day I thought it was appropriate to start with the perfect Mother's Day Card, the one that made the pick after making 5. This card, below, is number 5 and 6 of the Mother's Day cards that I made using Verve's latest release, Because of You. The first card that I made, #5, was perfect but I notice it was a bit big and it had to much white space left over, so I thought to size it down a bit and that made it the complete perfect card for my mom.

Most of the cards that I made for Mother's Day are cards that I am CASEing and they were created by others. For this card the creater is Laurie Schmidlin from Just give me stamps, she is on the Verve Design Team. She does some great work, and I especially liked this card of her's. You can see her original card at this link.







Recipe:
Card Size: 1st card: 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 2nd card: 4 1/2 x 4 3/4
Stamps: Verve Because of You
Paper: Martha Stewart Paper
Ink: Pitch black (Adirondack), ColorBox Classic Pigment Cat's Eyes Lime and ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eyes Queue Warm Violet
Accessories: Lavender Stickles, Gross Grain Ribbon, Paper piercer, Pearls, Button, Hemp, SU Large Oval, SU Small Oval, Corner Punch

No comments: