Sunday, November 23, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #43


Last night I decided to play with the TECC43 Sketch Challenge and I made some baby cards.

I have two cousins who just had baby's this last month one a boy and the other a girl and another one of my cousins just announced that she is expecting a baby boy for April so I thought it would be appropriate to make some baby cards using this sketch. Also I have had this set forever, I think it was one of the first sets I bought when I started purchasing from SU and until last night it has never been inked, it's probably been a good year since I got it, so I finally inked it up. About time huh?!!!

The first card I made for a little baby boy, I had to change the sketch from portrait to landscape because it didn't seem to work for the images and sentiment I had, first I changed the sentiment and it still didn't work so I just flipped the card and continued to make it not thinking to go back to my original sentiment from the set, "Welcome Baby," which would have worked better for sending out to my cousins. But it all works out either way.




For this second card I did the same thing, but I thought it would be cute to give the baby feet some dimension so I popped them up with dimension dots.





Now it's your turn to to try the sketch! Taylor will choose the most clever, creative, and cute creation from the submissions this weekend to be the Featured Cupcake Sampler next week. Your design and blog will be featured on Taylor's blog during Cupcake Friday. You're not required to use cupcakes for the challenge, but if you got 'em why not use 'em!? You're welcome to create something other than a card, just stick as closely to the sketch as possible and you'll be eligible for the Featured Cupcake Sampler honors. If you're uploading to Splitcoast use keyword TECC43 (for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 43). Leave a comment on this post with a link to your blog post or gallery upload so Taylor can check it out! You must have your cards uploaded by Monday, November 24th at 8am PST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler.

Stamps: SU Bundled in Love
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack); Aquamarine ColorBox Chalk; Rose Coral ColorBox Chalk
Markers: Copic YR20 Yellowish Shade
Paper: Nana's Nursery Baby Girl, Nana's Nursery Baby Boy,
Other: Green Gross Grain Ribbon; Buttons; Dimensional Glue Dots

1 comment:

cool dude said...

you got some good stuff there. keep it up :) aint nothin like a smart beautiful girl