Saturday, November 15, 2008

Elzybells Nativity

Sorry about being MIA, school is getting to me, I should be reading right now and playing catch up but I went to the Paper Garden today for a make-and-take and and I couldn't help but splurge, I was actually looking for another Christmas Elzybell but Stephanie says that Elzybells are no longer being sent to the US so I had to get these before they were all gone...well they well be sent to the US but you have to order them directly from Elyzbells and it is very expensive to get them shipped to the US.

Any ways here is the card that I made.




It's a slider card and while at the Paper Garden Ken inspired me to try it out and I had the idea to slide the three wise kings towards Joseph and Mary, so I had to make the card before I forgot the technique. I knew I wanted to do use the technique so I stamped everyone and then colored them but then I had no idea what to do with the background. Then I had to make several slider parts because the slider was to long on the "Oh little town of Bethlehem" showed and then when I fixed it and you pulled the tab the whole saying wouldn't show so I had to stamp it on top of each other. The background isn't what I had in mind, I couldn't think of anything, so I think it came out alright. What do you think? I'll have to play with the idea some more, and play with the background colors more.

Enjoy and have a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: