Saturday, October 3, 2009

1st Birthday Girl

Hey there,

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. Today my cousin's baby girl is having her 1st Birthday Party tonight. I'm pretty excited cause I don't often get to hang out with these cousins, not sure why, as we all got older and we all started going our separate ways and getting married we stopped getting together but hopefully that will change. I know when I get married and have my house and a nice backyard you bet I'll be inviting everyone over for dinner and for the kids to play. I love hanging out with family and having everyone united, it's a good thing to do and it's a great way to raise your kids together.

So for today I want to share with you the card that I made for baby Alayiah, pronounced Uh-lie-Uh, it's from the bible, very unique and very pretty!!! I love the 1st Birthday Girl image from Mo's Digital Pencil, so I had to buy just for Alayiah's first birthday. I always wanted this sweet little image yet I never had a little girl to give it to and then when I was thinking of what to do for the card, I remembered I wanted to buy the image, so I did!!!

So here is what I came up with, Enjoy!!!
Super Sweet huh?!! 

Oh and my cousin requested that we purchase a book as part of Alayiah's gift, so the other day I spent about an hour looking around in the kids books section at Barnes and Nobles. Let me just say I wanted all their books!!! I sure wish I had some nieces or nephews who I could spoil with some great books or maybe even my own kids, some day. I could not make a choice, that's for sure, there were just to many good ones that I wanted to bring home with me. I ended up purchasing a book called Bedtime Stories that had three great short stories in it, really cute, and something that Alayiah will be able to enjoy when she gets older and can read.

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy your weekend!!!!

RECIPE:
Card Size: 6 1/2 x 5
Stamps: 1st Birthday Girl by Mo's Digital Pencil
Ink: Copic Markers
Paper:  Hot Off The Press Paper Pizazz Green w/ Daisies DP
Accessories: Martha Stewart Lace Doily Border Punch, Gross Grain Ribbon,  3-D Zots, Judi Kins Diamond Glaze, Stickles

15 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a sweet and adorable card! I love Mo's images and you did such a beautiful job with it!!!

Enjoy your party! and Happy World Card Making Day!!!

:*) margie

LINDA said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love it.. Fab coloring..
Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Hi hunnY! Thank you so much for the request, it was a great idea, one I wouldnt have thought to do!! And I have made yet another Lucy image, its her first crush, awwwww lol.
And thanks for your lovely comment too!!! Have a wonderful night sweets!!!
HUGS

stitchy said...

Raquel, another beautiful birthday card...wow, hey did I mention my birthday is coming up lmao...love to stop by and look at your cards..it amazes me
hugz
stitchy

shulsart said...

Wonderful card, great job coloring and shading the image. Thanks for joining in on the fun. We hope to see you again.

Dawn B. said...

You did a great job with this image.. I love it for a little ones birthday.. I like the glow around your candle...Thanks for joining us...

Cathy said...

Raquel, Your Birthday card is precious. Your niece will love it, at least her mommy will :).
Thanks for playing

Caryn said...

What a fantastic card, your colouring technique is awesome. Thank you so much for playing along this week on our first challenge at Mo's.

Hugs.
Caryn xxx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

An adorable card!! Loving the image and your colouring x
Thank you for joining us for Mo's very first challenge, and hope to see you again x

Sheila said...

Raquel your card is just beautiful and perfect for such a special little girls 1st birthday too, it's sure to be treasured for always :).
Thanks for joining us in this our first challenge on MDP.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Lelia Pierce said...

Such a pretty card! Great job!

June Nelson said...

Brilliant card, love it, thanks so much for joining us at MDP challenge this week, huggies June xx

Elaine said...

Fantastic card! Beautiful colouring.

Thank you for playing along with Mo's Challenge!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job Raquel. Isn't this image fun to use!! Thank you for participating in Mo's Challenge and for sharing your talent with us. Best, Peggy